Caesurae is a caravan of ideas intersecting between cultures, disciplines, philosophy and narrative.
Caesurae is the creative pause, in the midst of the breathless rush of life, the liminal space for thought, creativity and dialogics of creative and critical empathy.
Caesurae, offers to take a sneak peek into the art and problematics of cultural translation. Staying true to our theme, we invite the readers to pause and ponder, to critique, to discuss the various counterpoints of cultural translation. We begin the dialogue, and we expect the readers and the future contributors to pick up the thread of cultural discourse, through music, creative writing, painting, photography and of course academic articles.
Caesurae: Poetics of Cultural Translation is a peer reviewed interdisciplinary international e- journal, split into phenomenological intermissions of
· Mana, a section for poems and creative prose and translation/transcreation
· Interventions which is all about critical essays.
· Ekhphrases, which includes interviews of creative people, genres of music, art, painting and photography.
· Spring Rhythm, a section for the youth, which includes their creative thoughts and ideas, they wish to share with us.
· A Special Feature, based on a theme, which is a cantankerous punch of poetics, theory and praxis.
· Film Studies
· Translation Studies
Frequency of Publication
Caesurae: Poetics of Cultural Translation is bi-annual.
The opinions expressed through articles, essays, interviews etc in the journal, are purely the
authors. The authors are requested to obtain copyright permission for the use of any photos,
pictures along with their contributions. The Management board and the Editors will not be
responsible for any copyright infringement.
All queries related to the e journal, sponsorship of its issues, donations, submissions should be addressed to the Managing Editor at
We do not generally accept any contribution by snail mail. In case of books for review , one should send to:
Managing & Chief Editor, “Caesurae”
P-17 B, Asutosh Choudhury Avenue
Mainak, Flat 204,